Frequently Asked Questions about The Guide to Good Divorce℠ Seminar in Houston TX
Need help navigating divorce? Have a burning question about divorce and want to find the answer? Looking for divorce guidance for you or your family? Our carefully designed seminar, or divorce workshop, will cover important topics including the above and much more!
Attend this in-person workshop, or class, and learn everything you need to know about divorce. Whether you are considering divorce, are currently in proceedings, or have come out the other side, we’ll provide you with the information and guidance to empower you each step of the way as well as plan for your future.
What is The Guide to Good Divorce℠ program?
This seminar provides guidance from uniquely qualified experts on divorce law in Texas, divorce financial education and planning, enhancing life skills, and physical and spiritual wellness. It is designed to empower women to successfully navigate through divorce toward a fuller, healthier and happier life.
Who is The Guide to Good Divorce℠ program for?
Will The Guide to Good Divorce℠ program provide support opportunities?
What are five important areas that women going through divorce should consider?
We’ve identified these areas, called The Five Keys to a fuller, happier, and healthier life. They include the legal aspects of divorce, finances, life skills, wellness, and community.
- Acquire Legal Knowledge: If you are thinking about divorce, it is a good idea to seek legal advice early, even before you have made a decision. Consulting with an attorney early will help you consider a number of factors that may or may not have occurred to you, including the timing of your filing, your spousal rights under Texas law, what is separate and what is community property, who qualifies for spousal maintenance, and much more.
- Engage In Divorce Financial Planning: One of the most important aspects of divorce involves finances. For starters, you must gain a clear understanding of your finances, and how decisions made during the divorce process will impact the rest of your life.
- Gain New Life Skills: Your lifestyle is likely to change dramatically following the divorce. Now is the time to think about and plan for what lies ahead. Your future is in your hands and, maybe for the first time in your life, you have the freedom to pursue long-forgotten dreams or goals.
- Practice Wellness: Many women focus on their husbands and families for much of their lives. As you begin to transition through divorce, now is the time to focus on yourself and your needs – physical, psychological, and spiritual. Allow yourself time to adjust, to heal, to begin again.
- Create New Communities: Some of your “couple” friends may or may not make the transition with you through divorce, so plan now to look for opportunities to make new friends. Your church or place of worship may offer events and activities for singles. Another good idea is reaching out and reconnecting with old friends. There is also the whole world of online dating if that sparks your interest.
When is the next The Guide to Good Divorce℠ seminar?
Visit our Seminars page to find our next scheduled seminar, the agenda, and other important details.
How do I register for The Guide to Good Divorce℠ seminar?
You can visit our Registration page and sign up online today. Would you prefer to pay cash at the door? No problem! Call Vanessa at 713-932-7177 to make a reservation.
How much does The Guide to Good Divorce℠ seminar cost?
Pay just $97 per person. Registration includes all materials and a light breakfast. Valet parking or free self-parking is available. For more information, visit the Seminars page.
If I have more questions, how do I get in touch?
Where can I find resources about the divorce process?
Since 1986, Trey Yates, a board-certified family law attorney by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, has guided women through the trials and tribulations of divorce. He created The Guide to Good Divorce℠ program to empower women with the resources they need to make informed decisions during the process of divorce.
Here are some resources we hope you find helpful and informative. Please check back often for newly added resources.